The following are some available topics to challenge and encourage your audience. Kristen would be delighted to tailor them to meet your unique needs. Please contact her with a request to discuss in more detail.
Clothed with Humility
We women have so many different roles and dress differently for each one. For work, maybe it’s business casual. For home, if you’re like me, maybe it’s yoga pants. For church, perhaps it’s the dress we picked off the clearance shelf last week. But regardless what exterior attire we wear, our inner attire should be consistent. Scripture talks about us being “clothed with humility,” and we’ll talk about what that practically looks like. We’ll examine some lesser-known women in the Bible whose brave stories of humility in action provide examples for us today.
- Paying attention to our outward appearance isn’t wrong, but we can’t stop there.
- Exercising humility isn’t dependent on others’ actions but on obedience to God
- Practicing humility requires sacrifice, acceptance, and trust.
Ideal for women’s ministry events
Regardless of our life stage, we all struggle with expectations—whether other people’s or our own. In this talk, we’ll unpack expectations from a biblical perspective. We’ll identify four principles about expectations and leave with some practical takeaways to help us live out God’s purpose for us with confidence and grace.
- Allow God’s Word to shape our expectations.
- Dig into four Bible characters who can teach us the danger of letting expectations govern our lives.
- Leave encouraged by how God can take unfair expectations and transform them into something beautiful.
Ideal for women’s ministry events or a keynote at conferences
Truth and Dare
Do you ever feel like you have to choose between doing what God wants you to or fitting in with your peers? If you have, you’re not alone! In the Bible, a young man named Daniel and his friends faced the same struggles. We’re going to learn from their examples how to develop three life-changing habits that will enable us live for God. I’m calling our talk “Truth AND Dare,” because when we make God’s truth our foundation, we can dare to live it no matter our circumstances.
- Make choices that keep you available for God to use.
- Let your faith, not your circumstances, define you.
- Put God first in all areas of your life.
Ideal for teen girl events and youth groups
The Daniel Dare
Somewhere after graduation, many people settle for the status quo. They begin a routine that becomes a rut that they can’t break. Then, ten years later, they wonder where some of the best years of their lives went and ask what they have to show for it. In this challenge, we’ll confront a dare, a dare not to settle–but to shine for Christ.
- Recognize that our choices impact how God can use us.
- Choose authentic faith over people-pleasing.
- Prioritize time with God.
Ideal for graduations or college groups
Be Rare in a Medium-Well World
How can we soar above mediocrity and live meaningfully? The answer I’ve found true in my experience may surprise you. It’s not the once-in-a-lifetime moments where we have the greatest impact. It’s in the every-day decisions that make those moments possible. In this challenge, we’ll explore three habits that, if we let them simmer daily in our lives, will help us live rare.
- Let Scripture direct our priorities.
- Discern the qualities that define a worthwhile opportunity.
- Apply a biblical view of success.
Ideal for graduations or a keynote at conferences
Live an Extraordinary Life
As young people, you sit on the springboard of your futures, each of you wanting to live an extraordinary life. You have dreams, goals, hopes, and expectations for the future. However, we sometimes take for granted that life is going to go our way or that our dreams will magically unfold. The truth is, they often don’t in the way or time we expect. What do we do then?
- Define a biblical view of satisfaction.
- Embrace humility to let God shape our paths.
- Find the Scriptural secret to lasting contentment.
Ideal for graduations or youth groups